What Stores Would You Recommend ?

Hi I'm looking to get back into saltwater , I had a 70g D.A.S tank -Dutch Aquarium System . It was a coral and fish mix , I'd like to get back into corals and maybe some clams.I live in Cochrane and I don't spend time in Calgary so I don't know the stores in Calgary or who has the staff that are knowledgeable . So any help would be great . Thanks And is there frag trading done on this site ?

Thanks Scott

I don't know the Cgy SW scene at all, but you'll find a lot of great members and opinions on CanReef.ca

While there are a good number of SW hobbyists on this site, most of us focus on FW. CanReef is almost exclusively SW. Alberta has good representation on that site!

• 1 month later...

Riverfront has hit and miss selection of marine fish and corral. If you go last saturday of the month they have 30% off all marine livestock. I did manage to get a fantastic deal on my Triggers and Puffer fish because of this deal, and i would say Riverfront pricing is much better than Big Al's (in general) but they may not have the selection you want. Pisces is usually pretty good as with Golds.

• 4 weeks later...

Stay away from Big Al's. They're more interested in making a sale than the welfare of the animal. Watch Pisces also,lots of dead and dying fish in their tanks. It's a shame what happened to Kevin @ Red Coral in C-Town, top notch store down the tubes. I buy my fish either at Oceans Creations or Blue World in Edmonton.

• 2 weeks later...