Opps I Messed Up

flyfisher

Picked up a new Eheim 2217 to replace my leaky 405 didn't realize out flow tube is only 1/2" while the intake is 5/8". So my problem is I have a Hydor ETH with 5/8" fittings has anybody seen of a fitting that I can use to adapt the different size hoses.Or can I fit heater to the inflow side of the canister.

You can put the heater in the inflow side, but it just gives more time for heat to dissipate. One thing I've done in the past is either use 5/8" on the outflow and use a good tight hose clamp, or heat the 1/2" tube in boiling water (or w. a lighter, but if not careful, you can melt the tube) and stretch it over the 5/8" fitting - use hose clamps to keep it tight.

Jason

Thanks for the speedy response I'll give it a try and will check the garage for some small hose claps in my rush to get this 405 out of my house wasn't as careful with my research or planning. :thumbs:

You can put the heater in the inflow side, but it just gives more time for heat to dissipate. One thing I've done in the past is either use 5/8" on the outflow and use a good tight hose clamp, or heat the 1/2" tube in boiling water (or w. a lighter, but if not careful, you can melt the tube) and stretch it over the 5/8" fitting - use hose clamps to keep it tight.

Boiling water did the trick 2217 is up and running all is well.Funny after everything was running I checked out Eheim's directions WOW if someone wasn't familiar with canisters they would never get it running,very vague and leaves a lot to the imagination.