Can Cories Go With Rcs?

Guppygirl

I have a few tanks that are right now cory only hopefully breeding tanks with maybe a ABN as company. Would they eat the RCS? The cories are sterbai, duplicanus, panda and bronze. They would have quite a few hiding spots.

Also would the shrimp eat the future cory eggs?

Thanks.

If I were to try it in any of the above, I'd try the pandas with around 25-30 RCS. I've had them with the dwarfs without to much issue but never tried the big guys. But just my 2 cents.

The only Cories you definitely can't put in with your shrimp are Corydoras eatallyourfreakinshrimpus. This is a very rare Corydoradinae species known to raid Red Lobster locations in South America during the flooding of the wet season. Apparently they prefer the garlic fried version. I hope this helps. ;)

Edited by syno321

I was going to say with a bit of rice and wasabi, they'd work well together but syno321 beat me to the punch....

Okay guys, very funny. :rofl: ;)

This is a fairly serious question as I have 80 cherry shrimp coming from shrimpfever tomorrow and have no real idea where to put them other then my ten gallon with my emerald dwarf rasboras and my BN and my other 7 cherries. I don't want to overload that tank and kill off all my new shrimp.

So the other option is to split the shrimp up into the tanks with cories- but if they are going to be lunch then I won't risk losing them. I could shuffle my fish around if necessary.

Do shrimp eat cory eggs or any fish eggs? or are they the ones on the menu.

Thanks for any help.

Doesn't sound like anyone has any experience in this situation. I have no experience with the shrimp/Cories but I can't see the adult Cories eating the adult shrimp, and I wouldn't trust them with any baby shrimp. Sounds like you may be the pioneer in this, let us know how it goes.

Edited by syno321

GG

My main shrimp tank (and assorted fry tank) has red venezuelan cories, bn and lots of cover. Seem to have a very thriving cherry shrimp colony. True story... on a different note... have heard of people shipping cory eggs with cherry shrimp as the shrimp pick the fungus off the eggs.. Maybe my cories have heard of this and leave them alone...