Natural Rock

I am trying to remember and I could be wrong, but I think Ocean City was selling them a while ago for around $20

Depending on how high tech you want to go (and what you want to spend) Concept Controls also sells them locally (conceptcontrols.com) but they are the higher end ones which will run you about $100 (I had one of these and it was amazing! Right up until I stepped on it. . .PROTIP: They don't like that)

Davies Supply also has more basic ones (not sure of the price, but I did call there not too long ago looking for one) - http://www.daviessg.com/

I have a feeling at the end day, even with shipping, you'll find a cheaper one online that is just as good.

Good luck!

Hit the LFS at lunch, and as I thought, no luck. Ocean City, Concept Controls and Davies I assume are all in Calgary...not so local for me, I'm about 8 hours away...haha. I did check petsandponds.com and they have one for around $30, so I just need to put a better order together to compensate for the shipping. Shouldn't be a problem!

I appreciate the tip! :rofl:

Fort McMurray! Bloody hell I need to read user profiles more :P

Lol sorry mate, and here I was thinking "Why wouldn't he find one locally? What an odd thing to say! They're everywhere!"

LOL. Yeah, slim pickings my way. Think TDS meter is tough? Try getting livestock!!

What's your WC schedule like? Getting into planted tanks and dosing EI, I got in the habit of weekly 50%WCs on every tank (currently 13 tanks from 5-125gal). If you do large weekly WCs, you'll essentially never get a build up from any "safe" rock. The whole premiss behind the 50% weekly WC in EI is to reset the tank due to any excess nutrients added. Therefore, even if you add a rock that passes the bubble test, but would normally add to your TDS over a long period of time, it will not affect the overall chemistry of your tank.

EI?

I do 25-50% weekly changes, depending on a few things. The 55G (where I want to add the rocks) gets more % done than the 75G usually. I've ordered the TDS meter, and am going to pick up the acid soon. I think I'll acid test the rocks, if they pass, scrub and soak...etc. Then test my tank for TDS. Add the rocks, and continue testing each day for a couple weeks. If things start going in a way I don't like, I'll remove them.

My plant issue is a WHOLE other topic. My 55G is a corner tank, so it's quite tall, but only has an 18" ballast. Means very deep water...yada yada. Also, my 10G which I have plants is INFESTED with snails now...which I didn't know I was getting into. So, my 75G and 55G have beautiful silk/plastic plants... I was looking at ordering the aqua flora or whatever they are called (cell cutltured plants), but then I need new lights etc etc... Not today...