Sunblaster Fixtures

jeremoose

Hey all, I've heard so much about Sunblaster T5's on this site for planted tanks sand I'm curious to see what the fixtures themselves look like and how you guys are mounting them.

Let's see your Sunblaster T5 setups! Please include wide shots so I can see exactly how they're mounted, since I'm interested in hanging them over my tank, thanks.

I'm gonna go and say that sunblaster t5ho are pretty cheap, but for a bit more you could go Finnex. That being said, let me dig up a pic for you :)

Thank you sir!

EDIT: if Finnex made a 72" fixture I'd be all over it, going with 2x36" fixtures is a bit pricey!

DOUBLE EDIT: do you have personal experience running the Finnex fixtures?

Edited by jeremoose

I love Finnex - switched my whole room over to them. That being said, I also loved the price-point and light output of Sunblasters - I had them mounted with the hardware that comes with them to the underside of a shelving unit.

This is a close up.

IMG_20121202_144529.jpg

and this is farther:

IMG_20130420_215926.jpg

I have two 48" Finnex Fuge Ray over a few tanks and they seem to grow algae just fine HC slowly even with the lights 12" from the water. You are running tanks probably a bit deeper than my little 10 gallons. I'm betting the RAY II would do okay but like you said, 2x 36" is 300.00. Way more expensive than the Sunblasters.

BTW those clips work really nice. Just screw them in and the fixture snaps in really tight.

Edited by cainechow

75_zpse2ec2807.jpg

It's just a light canopy that came with the tank I got off of kijiji. I took out the incandescent fixture and put in 2 sunblasters. Notice the screws out the top? That's from the handy clips for mounting anywhere, I just haven't done anything with them yet.

74_zps2c381429.jpg

Wow some great information here. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and go for the Finnex Ray 2 though... Any pics of your Finnex setups?

I'll try to remember to take a pic of one when I get home... maybe check my journal - I think I have a thread there with some Finnex pics

• 2 weeks later...