Last Sterlet Swimming

Ron

I haven't posted this one in a long time, it's my last of the 5 Sterlets I got a while back.

Sterlet22013_zps12492855.jpg

I think he's somewhere between 20" and 24", it's a 7" Imperial Flower loach in the pic below for comparison.

Sterlet2013_zps03e7a6d0.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pics but it's hard to photograph it in the stock tank especially cause it hardly stops swimming. I have a lead on some sturgeon that are going to be legally imported so hopefully I can get a couple friends for him/her.

Thanks for looking,

Ron

Edited by Ron

Are you still filtering thru an aquaponics system? I moved this summer and shut mine down - I miss it!

Are you still filtering thru an aquaponics system? I moved this summer and shut mine down - I miss it!

I am but I also have a Eheim 2262 filtering this stock tank. All I have growing now is an out of control basil plant that I have to trim every couple of days or it will flower. I had a couple 4'+ green onions in there but they were just falling over and getting in the way. Now that golf season is over, I'll start some new plants.

Thanks guys. Finding food for Sterlets is almost as hard as getting them. I am currently using Hikari Sturgeon food but I've read that they discontinued it. I did find some remaining stock in the US and it's on the way. A good friend of mine is also getting me some Tetra Sterlet Sticks which I hope they like and remains available.