Hardscape Materials?

creekbottom

Couple questions.

*Where in/near Edmonton do you get cool looking rocks? I don't mean the smooth river rocks that are everywhere. The cool ones that you see in Iwagumi layouts with cracks and crevices and sharp angles. Also, without paying LFS crazy prices lol.

*Is shipping manzanita wood across the border a problem?

*Has anyone heard or seen of someone taking the top off of a 12 gallon Edge? There are oodles of 6 gallons with no tops, but will the 12 holdup without it's top?

I don't know about finding cool rocks around Edmonton other than heading to Canaar or Burnco - still quite cheap at those places.

I haven't done it, but I know of at least 3 different people who've ordered DW from sources in the States and were quite pleased.

If you were worried about it falling apart, you could Eurobrace the 12 gal topless edge.

• 2 months later...

Seeing as we are in the annual January thaw, would a place like Canar let you into the back to pick through the piles? Especially if you really knew what pile you were looking for? I don't think I want to wait until spring.