Damsel Fly Found

So feeding my fish this morning when something swam by that was not fishy. I netted it out and had a mini heart attack when I discovered it to be a bug. I never feed live except for micro worms, always frozen or flake (HBH veggie flakes and NLS pellets). Caught the damned thing and had it id'd at Aquarium Central, apparently they can come in as eggs on plants. So not happy! Anyone have these and know how to get rid of them? They are in my 75G macro micro tank and they are bigger than 99% of the fish in there. Going to rip out the plants and dip them in potassium to kill any eggs but am worried about ones that have already hatched. Moving my betta girls and honey gouramis into the tank as my research says damsels tend to hang out at the top. Any advice greatly appreciated!

post-5607-0-16048800-1385850821_thumb.jpg

post-5607-0-21306300-1385850840_thumb.jpg

Yep had them myself but the Amano shrimp & Bristle Nose got most of them did have few make it to adult form, found a couple adults flying around the house one cold February night.

You could probably just keep a eye on things chances are not too many will hatch much easier that tearing up the plants and trying to hunt them down.

Edited by flyfisher

Did they go after any of your fish? This tank has a lot of nano fish especially my habrosus/hastatus/Pygmaseous corys and the sparkling gouramis.

I never saw any predation in my tank, at that time it was full of assorted live bearer fry & juvie tetras.