Looking For Advice

Goldy

I have a 90 gal tank currently with about 25 Demasoni's in it. I am thinking of keeping about 12 or so Demasoni's and adding in a bunch of male peacocks. Would I be looking for trouble if I went with that setup? If I could get away with it, how many peacocks would be recommended? Would the Demasoni's just chase each other & leave the peacocks alone?

Thanks.

Just IMO i would'nt, Demasoni will usually not put up with other fish, espesially because..

1# large number of them

and

2# they are already previously in the tank, so they own it now

THE ONLY WAY i could see it working is if you had the same number of each and introduced them all at the same time

just my .02

That being said, even if it did would out, the peacocks color would probably much more drab and subdued, rather than if you had them alone in a group.

I have an electric yellow, acei and albino white, as well I just introduced a peacock in the tank who is quiet larger. It seems that my yellow doesn't care, albino is quiet passive, but the acei is chasing the peacock. They are still all young, I do like all my fish and hope if they grow up together they can learn to get along.

• 2 weeks later...

I have 1 sunburst male, about 6", in with mature electric yellows and yellow tailed acei, and a male blue chiwindi peacock. All is well. With no female peacocks there is little if any agression, from any of the fish. (knock on wood). I've had this set-up for over a year now.

I have broken every rule and have over 40 species from vic Malawi and tang all in the same tank... As long as you keep things crowded and give lots of places where timid fish can hide you can get away with many things. Fish do have there own dispositions. Do things slowly. Have a backup plan in case some fish don't fit in. The end result might make some purist cringe but my tank is stunning.