Albino Cories Differences

fishclubgirl

So the mr. fishclubgirl and I were making our rounds and spotted some cories labelled as albino zygatus. This sparks a heated discussion on whether these fish are zygatus or aneus(and you thought your relationship had issues...). Any "catfish" gurus able to tell me the difference???

Could they also be albino rabauti as these are being bred in Florida and the stripe is the closest to zygatus but on an albino is a mute point or if it does show does the stripe curve down or go at an angle on the albino?

Been doing some research since your post piqued my interest, only thing I could find about albino zygatus was on Scotcat. It mentioned a little copper coloured eyebrow on the albino zygatus as opposed to albino rabauti. Here's the link to the article :

http://www.scotcat.com/articles/article114.htm

But all I could find mentioning albino zygatus, hope it helps

I was also looking on the other web forum - canadapleco and noticed a guy that runs the Big Al's in GTA offering albino aneus and thought maybe they have a central office ordering system like most big box stores.

Who voted for the zygata? If it was you, Mr. Fishclubgirl is probably still wrong as it's the same rule in my house!

Haven't picked them up as I got distracted by my angel fry and my betta order.. 100 bettas and they're mine, all mine.....I'm supposed to be trying to breed cories but I'm easily sidetracked....Pretty bettas...mine...mine.....