Do You Sell What You've Bred?

DevonCichlid

I am just wondering if any of our members sell to LFS or kijiji buyers or whatever from what they have bred in home.

I have grown about 50 Aulonocara Stuartgranti Chiwindi from a F1 trio that I purchased from Harold. The first successful batch are just starting to show their colors now. Anyways that's a bit of background but I am just wondering if you are selling, what is considered a fair price and what size/stage is ideal for selling?

I am on the fence whether I even want to sell because I have a soft spot for them but figured I'd get some feedback on it. Plus it looks like my F1 Calvus harem is going to produce monthly so I'll eventually have to sell some off (or get a lot more tanks).

I sell mostly to LFS and members - the auctions are great for selling your stock. I have an aversion to Kijiji, but I know some people do well. Most LFS will tell you what they'll pay if your price is too high. Some will actually pay you, some will give store credit. IME, find one that's close to you or that you visit often - it'll be the relationship that gets you the best results.

I try to, but I also find i'm very picky as to who I sell them to. I want to know what size tank, tank mates...etc.

I have traded in large volumes to my local petstore, for a very small store credit - but they don't do it for anyone else, so it is my relationship with them that benefits both of us.

I'm going to sell a bunch of corydoras once they grow out a bit. I sell them for significantly less than the petstore here does when I do sell privately.

I could certainly give them good homes

Moest my fish come from harold or Irene at BANDI ,if you know her and Bill

My wife has family in edmonton, so us coming up there is not out of the question either.

I love calvus too

I sell burtoni;s on a regular bases too

They could tell you i'm good fish people too...lol

If you could let me know if I could some from you, I could perhaps make further arrangments

Irene is in edmonton quite often too

Thanks

~Pat

You're talking about the Chiwindi right? The calvus are so small right now I wouldn't want to risk it (just separated another 60ish tonight too).

My next trip to Calgary (sort of) isn't planned until late July but if you have someone coming up that works too. I am also going to Red Deer tomorrow but my schedule is kind of tight so that may be tough to line up.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

All this while I assumed most LFS' get their order solely from big time breeders in the States or overseas. It is good to know one can make some income from the hobby. If you don't mind, pls share your experience buying live fish from Irene as I am thinking of place an order with her in the next couple of days. She seems to be the only that's willing to deliver to Red Deer where I live.

Cheers.