90G Dirted Planted Tank

Psylant

I've had some plants in my 90g for a couple of years but nothing too serious. I just ripped everything out and dirted the tank on Friday. It's clearing up now (I had to add a lot more sand than before to cap it, and made it cloudy). The fish seem to be enjoying themselves, sparring and courting one another.

-90g tank
-Finnex Fugeray II 7k LED
-Dirted substrate capped with 1+" of pool filter sand
-AC110 + fluval 405 for filtration
-2 pairs of Aytinjo, 3 pairs of lucustris, 3 pars of herbertaxelrodi, 3 SAEs, 3 various cories, 3 Roseline sharks, ramshorn snails, and one albino bristlenose pleco
-Various types of anubias, java fern, some type of bacopa, jungle val, some type of rotala and amazon sword

That being said, does anyone have some foreground plants they can recommend that do not require CO2 and will thrive under my current conditions? Does anyone have some for sale or trimmings they don't want? The further south in the city you live the better as I'm in Okotoks! :)

Here's a picture about 5 hours after completing all the messing around!

D0399Po.jpg

And a video too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJOMERUMd90&list=UUv736meij1aHHim4wkscCqQ

Edited by Psylant

I personally think that you should get rid of the plants, and the fish, and give that big beautiful male creamiscle midas that 90g to himself. :)

Haha. Nope! I'm even considering "planting" the 450g a bit after the bruisers move out! Java fern and anubias on the wood I'm thinking... hope the puffer leave them alone!

If you feel like driving up to NW YYC then I have a bunch of free cuttings for you, looks like fishclub girl wants to offload some of her extras on me so ill have to make space. Work has been absolutely nuts lately and tree trimming has taken precedence over tank trimming haha.

Has anyone ordered plants from Poland off ebay? "wik5858" has a lot of foreground plant packages for cheap...

I considered ordering from that seller too. Chose to go with AquaticMagic instead from i think Malaysia everything i ordered arrived within 10 days and was in decent shape for how far it had travelled.

I got my java ferns and anubias from malaysia. They don't really carry foreground plants though.

Just reading up on that wiki5858 seller, and the feedback on the plant "packs" seems to be pretty reasonable. Ebay is tricky though because you can't tell how far those plants had to travel to their final destination. The price is right though......Funny thing is I have had a lot of people say not to buy on ebay for aquarium plants due to stringent customs requirements. I have yet to have a problem though? So I guess the choice is yours. At least buying that way I guess you are paypal protected? I have been considering a purchase through this wiki seller so I may go ahead with it after the weekend, I will let you know how I make out.

I got my java ferns and anubias from malaysia. They don't really carry foreground plants though.

Just reading up on that wiki5858 seller, and the feedback on the plant "packs" seems to be pretty reasonable. Ebay is tricky though because you can't tell how far those plants had to travel to their final destination. The price is right though......Funny thing is I have had a lot of people say not to buy on ebay for aquarium plants due to stringent customs requirements. I have yet to have a problem though? So I guess the choice is yours. At least buying that way I guess you are paypal protected? I have been considering a purchase through this wiki seller so I may go ahead with it after the weekend, I will let you know how I make out.

I contacted the seller to ask if they grow the plants emersed or submersed and how likely the plants are to survive shipping. I'm probably going to order the 120 pack of foreground plants...

Edited by Psylant