Floater Suggestion

Ron

Hello,

I would like to add a floating plant to my Marbled crayfish tank, there is quite a high flow rate from my spray bar and the roots can't hang down too low or the cray will climb on and decimate them.

Can anyone suggest a floater that will do well?

Thanks,

Ron

I've had salvinia on top of a tank and really like it. It has somewhat small leaves but not duckweed small, so it's a lot easier to pull some out when it grows too much. The roots stay really short. I had it in a 10 gallon tank and if I kept the water line right up to the inner lip on the rim I really didn't see the roots hanging down.

I've had salvinia on top of a tank and really like it. It has somewhat small leaves but not duckweed small, so it's a lot easier to pull some out when it grows too much. The roots stay really short. I had it in a 10 gallon tank and if I kept the water line right up to the inner lip on the rim I really didn't see the roots hanging down.

Thanks, I'll look into them.

how much light?

Lots, I have a Vertex Illumilux plant LED above the tank.

I guess the root length wouldn't be a deal breaker if the plants are fast growers.....faster than my crays can eat them.