Octopus.

rudy

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With respec to my shark egg by the way they told me it would not get much bigger than when it hatches. Apparently sharks don't grow when they come out of an egg.

ARE YOU F'ING KIDDING? I don't think there is any shark that doesn't have at least a 3' potential. Where did the big bamboo sharks they have in their tank come from? A really, really big egg? Like Albert pointed out, plan for 3-4 feet, 500 Gallon tank or so.

Of course the guy did have a point, most captive hatched sharks don''t get any bigger than when they hatch, because they can be a nightmare to get eating and die right away. Also plan on force feeding it with a syringe for a while, I'll bet the guy forgot to mention that too.

Apparently sarcasm is taken literally in this instance.

I did not believe the dude at big als.

Again I am the first to admit I am irresponsible. I want a wallagu attu and a wells cat.

Oh no, you don't really NEED to mix anything with them, but I was just wondering if you could, or if most people keep them as wet pets.

I always though of pirahanas as wet pets, especially the bigger ones, but you should see PirahanaMan's....he has all kinds of smaller community fish in with him because....well, frankly, they'd probably get stuck in between his teeth and they're just not worth the hassle to try and eat.

Just thinking outside of the tank, you see....and as for trying them out, I do have a 75 that's coming online soon (as he watches over his back to see if the wife is watching...)

They will eat things that are comparable in size to themselves, and bigger things may stress them into not eating, inking etc. I am actually pushing it with keeping them together, as they may very well battle each other.

And whale sharks are nice, but the ocean sunfish with manta rays would be a nice tank.