Octopus.

rudy

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

since they are smaller than peas, right now they are in an empty but established 5 gallon, overskimmed, equivalent of an AC150, temp 79 degrees. They are a dwarf species reaching 4" out of the indian ocean, and will need about 30 gallons. If I can breed em, I will be very very happy, they don't live long, and a constantly replenishing supply would be awesome.

You GOT to see them hunt 'pods, it is hilarious.

All the info I got was from this thread, actually. Albert provided some EXTREMELY informative stuff...

Tim, check out http://www.tonmo.com.

They are down right now as I type this, but it is the biggest online resource for Ceph information.

Also, http://reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=38

That should give you a good idea of where to start.

Edited by Michael Roth

Michael, have you figured out if you have a s. bandensis or s. officinalis? I'd like to get one if they are bandensis, I'm not equiped to house an 18" cuttlefish :)

I asked the guy at Big Al's and he looked at me like I was turning purple and said "Baby Cuttlefish" while guesturing at the sign. I will never understand why some people have such a hard time saying "I don't know".

Edited by midgetwaiter

I asked the guy at Big Al's and he looked at me like I was turning purple and said "Baby Cuttlefish" while guesturing at the sign. I will never understand why some people have such a hard time saying "I don't know".

Thats funny. They have told 4 dfferent people 4 different things. The have told me 6 inches and another guy told me 2 feet, but would be o.k. in a 25 gallon.

With respec to my shark egg by the way they told me it would not get much bigger than when it hatches. Apparently sharks don't grow when they come out of an egg.

Guy I bought it from was pretty cool though. Mustache. Very straight and told me I shouldn't buy it.

Edited by rudy