Aquascaping Tools

ATM

I'm looking for a pair of long cuved scissors for trimming plants. Anyone have a good recommendation on a brand or type to get and where to get them? I've looked at ADA but they are too much for me. Something comparable maybe around $30-50?

Any rust problems from those ?

Just like anything sharp or metal that you use in water, dry it off after and it should be fine. I've got several of the cheapo ebay scissors in different curves and they've held up well.

• 2 weeks later...

Nope, basically every type of scissors has a name, dependent on blade shape, type of cutting edge, tip shape, handle shape and so on. I'd have to go to school for a long time to know all the types and their names and I don't have that kind of time.

I go to G&E and look through their bins of tools, they've got probably 30-40 types of scissors and probably just as many forceps.

Edited by blink

Those tools aren't too bad but if you go to a medical or vet supply place you are going to pay around $2-7 for a tweezer/forceps and between $4-10 for a pair of scissors. Unless you HAVE to have a very specific style that you can't find at the medical supply stores you can't beat the price for medical grade stainless tools.