black silicone

dunl

Anyone know of an aquarium safe black silicone? I like the look better than the clear stuff....

Yes, I know about GE Silicone I....but doesn't come in black as far as I know.

Check out this thread http://www.cichlid-forum.com/phpBB/viewtop...er=asc&&start=0

It says that both GE I and II can be used as long as its the window and door one.

Why doesn't the GE I come in black if the GE II does?? Weird :boxed:

But why does GE themselves say to not use it? I am a little nervous if the manufacturer nixes it.

Maybe GE says not to use it for legal reasons. IF you silicone your tank and it breaks you could blame it on GE.

It seems that the GE silicone I stuff has been used by lots of people to seal up their tanks. I think some people on here have used it, lets hear their experiences.

I resealed a 25g tank in the spring but have yet to fill it with water.

Maybe GE says not to use it for legal reasons. IF you silicone your tank and it breaks you could blame it on GE.

It seems that the GE silicone I stuff has been used by lots of people to seal up their tanks. I think some people on here have used it, lets hear their experiences.

Not at all...GE specifically OKs 3-4 of their silicones for aquarium use, including "Silicone I"....but not "Silicone II", so I assume that there is a reason they deem the former to be OK for aquariums and the latter to not be.