Gold nugget

Nandopsis

So i went to the cabin on friday night, and when i got back sunday evening i was looking for my new GNP. I couldn't find the sucker anywhere so i started lifting all the rocks and wood to try and find him, but he was nowhere to be found. So i decided to look in my over flow filter, and low and behold, there he was caught up in the filter floss w/ only his head in the water. :wacko: (freak-out)

He seems to be fine now, but i put some egg-crate in there so we don't have another houdini disappering act again. :P

What kind of filter? You mean a sump overflow?

Glad he is o.k.

Whenever I lose an expensive pleco I sit and think to myself. ....since when did my "algae eaters" become the most expensive fish in my tank. Funny how addiction changes you.

What kind of filter? You mean a sump overflow?

Glad he is o.k.

Whenever I lose an expensive pleco I sit and think to myself. ....since when did my "algae eaters" become the most expensive fish in my tank. Funny how addiction changes you.

Update: R.I.P. GNP :(

It was a internal over-flow filter. :angry:

And Tim your not kidding about Pl*cos being the most expensive fish in the tank, but that's a good thing cause i wouldn't have as many cichlids as i do if they were big bucks. :lol:

Jay sorry to hear about your loss.

The prices of most of the plecos are what keep me from having them. The most expensive price that I have paid for fish is $25 for a pair of reallynice Crowntail Bettas for breeding directly from a breeder. Other than all of my Bettas my Africans were the most expesive fish that I own at $2.00 each. My 4 fancy Guppies that I have now only costed me abou $4.00 for 1 male and 3 Females. most of my fish have been free or up to $1.00 each. I'm kind of paranoid of having anything more expensive than $10.00 a piece. I also don't have the money to pay more than that for a fish.

Thanks everyone.

Live and learn i quess. It's just too bad that a beautiful & expensive fish died because i never thought to block off the top off the filter.(stupid me)

Hopefully someone will read this and see a problem waiting to happen in their own tank and fix it. ;)