Plant Id Request

cainechow

Did you just get it, or has it been in your tank a while? It looks like the emergent growth for somehting like milfoil or hornwort.

Keith, I was concerned that it was Eurasian Water Milfoil as well (I was at that website too :D) but the images that I've seen for that has the leaves looking more feathery. But of course we know that aquatic plants grow in so many forms in different conditions. I may be building a mini pond or container water garden this year. Unless I know better, I probably won't be adding this in.

Kinda fun, none the less, to see stuff in the wild.

Any other members wise in the ways of plants from ponds?

A plant will also change growing shape to a degree for different conditions and quite different between a pond and our tanks. I wouldn't rule out that 100% but would suggest send that photo to something like this. http://www.biology.ualberta.ca

Look at the leaf nodes number count and how it displayed across a stem...that will not change.

I've done this sort of thing with bugs in the past to Uni's entomology dept's for ID's.

Edited by ckmullin