Betta Fishes Mouth Seems Glued Shut Over Night.

Erynlyn

post-6918-0-83898600-1437872744.pngOk, seems bad lucks striking my betta tanks again.

Yesterday my crowntail seemed all happy go lucky, socializing with his minnow friends.. and coming to the tank surface to say hello while I did my daily inspections on the state of the tanks after my heart breaking dropsie outbreak a few weeks back.

Today I went to do my feedings and inspections on the tanks and his mouth looks.. glued shut.. and he's unable to eat.

I don't know what to do... i have cleaned these tanks.. re cycled there systems.. checked the levels.. the temperatures..

I got some photos of him at the surface.. it looks like he's trying to get his mouth open to eat the food that is floating around..but its just not happening.

seems so.. and he's not recovering in the isolated medical tank

I even called the pet store where i got him from and asked about if they were having any issues with the other fish or frogs in the tank where he was being housed there, and said it was weird and never happened to any fish they have sold before.

She listed off a lot of medications i could add to the tank to help fight the infection, as i could not travel to there store, i went to a closer petstore of a different chain and purchased the same medications for fungus.

he's just not recovering.. the white fungus has spread across his face in the matter of the last hour after adding the medication.

i fear i'm about to have my heart broken again and lose a dream betta.. i've been after a black crown tail for several months now.. only to have him die 48 hours after i bring him home.

sad fish owner is sad.

thank you all for listening to my rant.

I have used a concentrated methylene blue dip for my Betta before. I used a Q-tip to rub the infected spot while it was in the bath, and it worked very well. The intake strainer fell off of my canister filter which caused an injury. The injury developed a white spot which I thought was fungal. I thought that rubbing it would help remove the fungi, and help the MB to get deeper into the scales.

Keep us updated