Zebra Plecos

gunner

They're illegal to collect from the wild, so when you do see wild caught specimens they're usually $250+. Tank raised tend to go for $100-150 at about 1"

They're illegal to collect from the wild, so when you do see wild caught specimens they're usually $250+. Tank raised tend to go for $100-150 at about 1"

OK , i am going to one of the sponsor of alberta aquatica and he says these ones sell for $400 in a pet store if they can get them !?

400$ sounds about right! The Brazilian government banned export because they realized the species are threatened and they are not prolific breeders. Now the laws of supply and demand kick in, and lets just say that supply is REALLY low ;-)

400$ sounds about right! The Brazilian government banned export because they realized the species are threatened and they are not prolific breeders. Now the laws of supply and demand kick in, and lets just say that supply is REALLY low ;-)

Well i guess i will have to stop by the bank machine on the way to Calgary in the morning

Check www.cichlaholic.com or www.canadianaquatics.com - those guys get them in from time to time, and will be a bit less than the $400 or so in the stores.

You can get them from Spencer Jack for $140,$130 or $120 depending on how many you order plus shipping.

Not really rare anymore and can usually find them with every supplier.

I should of said, is it hard ( rare ) to find them from the wild , not fish tank breed

• 2 weeks later...

I got mine as pair as what the told when i bought it from canadian aquatics it turns out i have both male if you want i could spare the other 1 for you ?i paid $28O !Jvision knows this!is the one organise last march i think a group order..pm if you imterested..fyi this is wildcaught according to them and i paid as wild.

• 1 month later...