Hello From Calgary!

chlwong

Hey everyone!

I'm completely new to aquariums and I recently started up with my girlfriend and my little brother. We have a good friend who has had aquariums for a good decade or so now and he's been introducing us to it slowly and well, gave me this site.
I'm located in Calgary and for the past week we've been slowly gathering supplies and setting up tanks. With boxing day sales, it's been a blast!
I've been working on terrariums for a few months now. I've also been working on my garden with my Grandpa for a couple years.

As I'm only starting out now, I decided to go cheap in case this isn't something I truly love and end up giving the stuff away. I have a Tetra, 10gal starting kit. I also bought some light bulbs from Walmart that were recommended to me for growing plants (http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/6000188529292). I have some aquatic soil, a heater and a few decoration items.

Anyways, my current plans are to either get a pure shrimp tank (probably cherry), or a more community tank with a variety of small fish.
I'm also looking for carpet plants and other live plants as well.

That's about it! Looking forward to reading posts you all make!