Marine Plywood

Psylant

Hi everyone,

I'm starting to see how feasible building my own tank would be. Does anyone know where the best place in the Calgary/Okotoks region is to buy marine grade plywood? I heard Oak marine grade was the best, if at all possible. Bonus points if they could do the necessary cuts on site to make transportation and the build easier :)

Best bet would be a Windsor Plywood store, and yes they do cuts

I'll try there. Thanks.

don't even need marine. standard plywood. get pond liner and use that. imo

When we're talking about 540g of water I'd like to be sure the wood is of nice quality with less defect. I'll be using PondShield to coat the plywood.

Standard plywood is just fine again. with any type of structure holding back water bracing is very important...both types of woods will do the same job.

I'm a little afraid of a hidden void in the regular plywood. Even though the PondShield will coat the wood and substantially increase the strength, the weight of the water may crush a layer of the plywood exposing a void behind it, which would be very bad news indeed. I'll try to find marine grade wood but if I cant I guess I'll have to settle for extra thick regular plywood.