Lifegard Pumps And Alternatives

DeepArow

Hey everyone,

Just curious if anyone has purchased this brand recently? I have an older sized 2000 gph pond pump made by them but the cord is damaged. Now I'm looking for replacements. I've read some reviews that the newer models are pretty noisey but there's also conflicting reviews saying the new ones are really quiet. Anyone here have any feedback? Any alternative brands in the same price range (below $300)?

Secondly I bought an awesome little 60g cube w/ a 20g sump. It's in awesome shape but the pump the guy through in is a bit undersized imo (300gph). The problem is the return section of the sump is only about 6"x6" so all the larger pumps (1000+ gph) I've seen won't fit in that section. Does anyone have any suggestions for a smaller submersible that has great gph at around 5'?

Thanks!

Head to a pond supplier, or landscape supply place. The pumps they use for bubbling rocks or small(ish) waterfalls might fit the bill