Please Help! Need Handle Clip For Ehiem Ecco Pro

Tracyp

So I broke the handle clip off my Ehiem Ecco canister filter while cleaning today and am in desperate need of the the clip. Big Al's is out of stock and Pisces says the don't carry them does anyone know who else would carry them?

Off the top of my head I would try the dreaded duct tape, but use good quality duct tape. Your desperate, and that calls for desperate measures. I would make sure canister exterior is dry, put lots of pressure between the motor-head and canister, and try taping it down with good duct tape. Hopefully that will hold until you can source the part from somewhere. Its cringe-worthy but i'm thinking like a desperate person who wants to keep the fish and bacteria alive.

- It might not work and leak

- It might leave a residue on the canister when tape is removed

+ It might just work as a temp fix

Keep us updated as this might help someone else out :-)

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm not quite brave enough to try the duct tape but I did find an HOB filter that should suffice until I get the clips in. Used some biomedia from the old one so it shouldn't cause the the tank to cycle..here's to hoping!

• 3 weeks later...

So I got my clips and went to set it up only to discover the canister is cracked, not sure how that one happened. :( Clearly I must be doing something wrong but it seems the pressure needed to get the top off is too much for the handle.

Feeling a little inept but I don't seem to have much luck with this filter does anyone know of a canister filter that is fool proof? Has anyone had these problems before? and better yet does anyone have a canister for the Ehiem Ecco 60?