Fish Tank In Garage, Good Idea?

felixc

I am thinking of turning my over-sized double garage partially into a fish room and still be able to park one car. My plan is to run 4 x 180g and a few 90g.

The garaged has a double retracting door and is insulated and heat by tow portable electric heaters 4800w each. My concern is the winter months with the snow and cold temperature that can cause moisture to precipitate in the garage. I am curious how much a problem moisture can present and if running two portable heaters is adequate? Anyone with experience housing multiple large tanks in a garage?

Run a dehumidifier hooked up to a drain, or set it up high enough to drain into one of the tanks. That should take care of the humidity problem. I have one in my fish room with RH set for 35%, and it doesn't run continuously in the winter.... barely runs at all in the summer

I'm moving my fish room to the garage this fall, and that's my plan in there; however, I won't be using the overhead door at all during the winter.