Name The Fish, And Disease!

FunkSolid

These are the fish that I posted about previously. Rescued them today. They are in a 75G now while I build a stand for the 140 that they came from.

What are species and associated diseases and treatments?

My guesses...

M. parkinsoni ? - Weird cyst growth things on fins... Never seen this before.

M. Boesemani - One has a external fungal infection on body

S. Denisonii (denison barb) ? - Look healthy

P. fasciatus (Panda Barb) ? - Look healthy

Geophagus ? - Look healthy

M. lacustis - Clouded eyes and not happy

Your identification is correct....as to rainbows. also : Sahyadria denisonii rose line barb denisonii barb

There is a case for doing nothing but big water changes and some frozen and or life foods for a few weeks.

I would use a combo of Pima and Mela fix for a week. To heal fungus and help with body sores.

The lacustris might have Popeye and may need treatment for that separately.

Also I would sterilize the 140 gal. With h2o2 or bleach I preference peroxide as it leaves no residue. You can get 35 % at a hair store like Sally's about 6 bucks per litre.

hth

John

While I guess those are panda barbs, I have no idea about the cichlids Curtis Jerom or jvision (Jason ) might know.

I have not seen those kind of sores...a swab with 3.5 % peroxide may work but in my limited experience I do not know.

On could give a gentle squeeze to see if there is pus?

The Geo's look like sp. 'red top Tapajos'

From how active all of the fish are, I'd just keep doing what you're doing. Lots of big WCs often does a lot for fish health. Like John said, the Pimafix and Melafix will help w the fungus and will help take care if any secondary infections from previous wounds.

A good quality food - maybe w some garlic (Thera+A from NLS) - could help with any gut problems if present, but from this quick look the fish are looking well fed.