Clean up crew suggestions

maligne

I'm having problems with my nieces Guppy tank. It's a fluval flex 15 with 4 guppys in it.

I check on it twice a week, the guppies only feed at the surface and food gets left on the substrate and rots away and is a constant mess. She's only 9. 

I'd like to add a clean up crew to help me manage the issue. I'm thinking cory cats? But it's only 12 gallons of swimable space. Maybe cherry shrimp.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

A couple cory would be suitable but may be timid in small numbers. Could probably get an Amano shrimp or two as a good option as they are big enough to avoid being harassed by the guppies. Guessing that cherry shrimp may or may not become expensive snacks for the guppy depending on the fish temperament. 

• 2 weeks later...

If you want Cherry Shrimp in there make sure there's a good chunk of moss or something for them to hide in. I agree that Ammano would be better as they're bigger and less likely to be eaten

Thanks for the advise. I appreciate it. I'm really focusing on teaching her how to feed properly. I put the filter on a switch for her so she can switch it off when she feeds then. I would like to add some shrimp down the road and when I do I'll definitely get some moss