Species Suggestions

Doc_Polit

Hey Gang,

I'm still trying to decide on what species to put in my 120. I love Mbuna and plan to make them the primary occupant.

I have decided that I would like to have a large group (15-20) of blue/black Mbuna as my base colony.

I am thinking (in order of preference):

1) P. Demasoni

2) M. Cyaneorhabdos

3) Elongatus Chewere

These would be complimented by L. Cauruleus, M. Estherae, or L. Fuelleborni with OB females and G. Acei to fill the upper water column.

Can I get your suggestions as to which blue/black species would likely work best in such a scenario.

As well, is there a Hap species that would thrive in this mix? Fryeri maybe?

What are your thoughts?

Doc B)

Edited by Doc_Polit

P. Demasoni may become to aggressive and may not be worth spending all the money to get a colony, only to have to sell them as they are picking on your other fish. From what i have read though, they are most aggressive with there own kind and are better kept in large numbers.

if I had to suggest or recommend would be the cyan's. I know Chloeclose had a 90 gallon tank full of cyans, red zebras, and labs... From what she said was they all get a long fine. Another Plus with the Cyan's is if you can get them from Kyle... You know you are getting the best out there!

IMO

Good luck!

nev

I've always been fond of any of the elongatus and I also have a few haps that you could experiment with... otopharynx heterodon, fossorochromis rostratus,protomelas steveni (taiwon reef) and aulonocara baenschi. All are juvies about 1-2" long.