Ruby Red Peacocks

wandj

Ace - outside of the pic in your avatar, which is shown here:

http://www.hagblomfoto.com/article_ruby.htm I've yet to see another German Red (in person or in pics) with anywhere near that much color. I'm not sure if the pic in that article was photo shopped, or if the fish was fed an overdose of astaxanthin, but many people world-wide have been asking, and yet not a single fish showing that much red has surfaced since that photo was released.

If if you have links to others, please post them.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can only make red 'redder'

My point exactly. The pic looks enhanced to me.

Albert, while I admit that I saw your male on water change day, it had nowhere near as much red in the head or body, as the one in the article linked to above.

You can never be too skeptical about stuff you find on the internet. Who really knows.

The father of the male ruby red that I have definately was not red than orange so I have some hope that with some good color enhancing food, he may color up better.

Ok, these fish went from their home tank, to Riverfront, to my LFS tank, to my tank all within a couple of days. So the first pic you will see is the fish still in the shipping bag in my tank(s), and the second is a pic of the fish about a day later.

The first set here is of the girls. You will see how washed out the females are here, and the second pic is one of them after a day. Notice the mark on her side? They are all the same color and size. They all have the same body composition as well...a bit skinny and fins a little rough.

Mygirls.jpg

Edited by wandj

This is about the largest male. He is quite friendly. He does not hide when I come in the room to stare at him....the other males do hide from me. I think the red is a bit washed out on him. First pic is in the bag, and second is in the tank.

MrWash.jpg