Cloudy water....Why?

Big Red 265.

I have 9 tanks running at the moment, all with cichlids. For some reason my 90 gal has been getting cloudy, especialy since I moved 2 months ago. My other tanks are pretty good. I was hoping some one could tell me how to stop this.

The low down

-4 7-bar Fron, 7 Elec blues, 6 Elec Yellows, 3 red Jewels, 2 Green Terror and a clean up crew of some loaches, small plecos

-I've started feeding once a day, no more than can be eaten in a minute or two

-water changed every 5 to 10 days

-filtered by a Fluval 404 and 403, Cascade submersible and the other week I added an AC500 which has not helped

-The food I use is HBH (african cichlid attack), NLS and Algae waiffers. More or less the same food I've used for a number of years now

Thanks

Maybe when you moved it got the bio filter upset? Sometimes a bacterial bloom happens in "new tanks". Perhaps it's just a bloom.

Is it a milky color?

If it turns out to be the case....water changes just to clear it up. But it should be harmless.

Edited by wandj

My sisters tank is cloudy many times as well. We also have the filter floss and an xp3. However this doesnt reduce the cloudiness. Waterchanges dont do a thing.. IT just seems to stay cloudy all the time. We thought maybe it was from the bubble wand and the cichlids stirring up the sand.. But That couldnt be the case?? could it.. I dont know.. Its like little tiny particles as well in this tank...

Just seems to get cloudy for no reason??

In my African tanks, I have arogonite mixed in. It's quite cloudy when stirred; and, it usually stays pretty cloudy for a while. The filters eventually pick it all up; but, it takes a couple of weeks for the fish to work all the fine stuff out of the substrate.