Screw in CFs

Vallisneria

I was wondering if anyone in Edmonton knows where to buy those screw in Daylight CF bulbs. Right now i have "warm white" bulbs that my parents bought and any of the stores i've checked(department stores and such) only have the one brand thats "warm white".

So isn't of driving around to look i thought i'd ask to where other bought theirs. Does Home depot carry the "daylight" bulbs (or something with the plant spectrum)?

Thanks,

I just came back from a trip to HD... got prices on the entire line up. I had not read about the upcoming sale so I shopped today (doh!) but I still got a deal, in my mind.

Below is a picture of one of my 10 gallon tanks, this one just a simple Endler breeder, the left half is a picture with 2x13W Globe brand (Wal Mart) soft white bulbs on the tank, the right portion is with 2x15 Philips Daylight bulbs... makes a good comparison.

15W 'twister' Daylight bulbs, Home Depot regular price:

Single: $7.98

2 Pack: $10.98

3 Pack: $12.98

6 Pack: $19.98

Plant Fanatics! There is also a 23W available for $12.98 each! They are HUGE but if it'll fit your fixture they are AWESOME! My next canopy will be custom built to use only these bulbs!

post-38-1135989769_thumb.jpg

Wow, thanks for posting the pics. My tank looks exactly like the left one, way too yellow. My tank is only my fry growout with some floating plants but I want the plants to grow well, which they dont' seem to be doing with the bulbs i have now.

Plus i'd choose the "white" look of the daylights to the yellow tank i have now.

Also... a little FYI: The Daylight Deluxe bulbs are 6500K, and these Daylight CFs are right about the same by my eyes. A bulb rated as a soft white is about 2700K... which is the same rating as a Philips Plant and Aquarium bulb.

I found that interesting...

15W 'twister' Daylight bulbs, Home Depot regular price:

Single: $7.98

2 Pack: $10.98

3 Pack: $12.98

6 Pack: $19.98

Plant Fanatics! There is also a 23W available for $12.98 each! They are HUGE but if it'll fit your fixture they are AWESOME! My next canopy will be custom built to use only these bulbs!

Actually, at the HD on McLeod Tr in Calgary, the 23W were $12.98 regular price for a two-pack, so $6.50 each bulb....pretty good deal. I may also consider building a canopy to house 6 of these.

I ended up getting two of the 6-pack of 15W....at $8.88 each, I just couldn't lose.

Amazing how the prices can be that different from one city to the next... I double checked my source (pictures in my camera phone) and sure enough... $12.98 EACH here... maybe I'll check around the other stores and see if that's a mistake.