I can't believe it?

Nandopsis

I know...I know... you have all heard this before and i'am sure you thought ya i'am sure it is good food, but it can't be that good.

My experiences are as follows:

I was in Calgary last night and JSTR gave me some of his NLS cichlid formula.

I thought i'll just supplement it with my some of my Omega-One flakes and shrimp pellets.

Back ground info:*before NLS*

My Nicaraguensis are have been starting to show color on their dorsal fins as of the last couple of weeks and have been somewhat healthy eaters, and alittle timid when i come near the tank.

After trying NLS

Now after just 2 feedings they are going nuts when ever i walk near them. Eating the pellets like gang busters AND The male has even started to show quite abit of coloration on his face.

I repeat 2 feedings!... this is f'ing crazy!

Thanks JSTR for giving me some of your NLS.

RD: You can thank JSTR for converting me from Omega-One to a far superior food.*NLS*

I'll thank Paul when you place your first order, Jay. :D

Seriously, there is no magical secret to NLS, it simply boils down to a unique mixture of the highest grade of raw ingredients that you will find in any commercial fish food. When marine species such as Rock Beauty & Moorish Idol can thrive on a single commercial food like NLS (for several years), you gotta know it's going to do wonders for fresh water fish.

Pablo's goal was never to be the biggest, only to be the best.

I'll add a little story.

My Discus tank had some fussy fish. My Discus would only eat frozen food. I started mixing in the small Cichlid pellets...mostly for the benefit of my German Blue Rams.

To my big surprise, one of the adult wild Tefe Greens went after it like crazy. And the 2 other smaller Discus like it too. I thought I'd never get those Discus off frozen. Pain in the butt to always feed frozen.

But I see the most difference in my German Blue Rams.

I swear they are showing better coloration. And they really like the food too...enough they splash partly out of the water when I drop it in. Oh, and I have only been feeding the NLS for about a week.

I might have to look into getting a larger size of pellets. What does everyone think of the flake version?

Edited by wandj

I repeat 2 feedings!... this is f'ing crazy!

Yeah, Jay, but you're not supposed to mix your crystal meth in with it. :lol:

Seriously, I hear you...my saltwater fish went crazy over it 5 minutes of being in my tank....no worries about any transition period.

yea my mom's africans have been hooked on the stuff for about a month and whoo-wow the color difference is amazing. they are even growing faster and actimg more lively than they ever did.

I just wish the cichlasoma pellets where bigger as most neo cichlosoama grow to be at least 6 inches. my midas has a reall hard time getting down the 1mm pellets before they are suspended throughout the tank in a big mess and she gives up, then I got little pellets laying all over the tank floor within minuts.

anyway I think ill pick up some fry stuff for my festaes

Edited by cichlidkid

I just wish the cichlasoma pellets where bigger as most neo cichlosoama grow to be at least 6 inches. my midas has a reall hard time getting down the 1mm pellets before they are suspended throughout the tank in a big mess and she gives up, then I got little pellets laying all over the tank floor within minuts.

Golds have the sinking 3mm pellets in stock, and if those aren't large enough, I carry buckets of the 6mm sinking, and/or 4.5 mm floating.

Edited by RD.

If the 1mm Marine is too small, then feed them the 3mm Large Fish formula, or a mix of both. That is exactly the mix that Pablo uses in his 2000 gallon tank shown below. Some of the fish in that tank are 7+ years old, and have been eating NLS exclusively for that entire period. No frozen, no fresh, just NLS.

pab8.jpg

pab4.jpg

Here's what they look like when he throws a handful of pellets in.

pab5.jpg