poted plants

snaggle

I always remove the foam, from what I understand if you don't the roots can't grow as easily. After about a week being undisturbed, the roots should take hold and be fine.

I don't know if it's good or bad to leave it in the foam, but I personally don't like to.

-Hideo

I agree with Toirtis if you're planting them below the substrate. However, if you're keeping a bare-bottom, or not planting them below the gravel/sand, then you can leave them in the pots with the rockwool.

But, if you plan on planting them in the substrate, get rid of the wool. If you don't want the plants to spread, use tera cota pots with a substrate mix (some use soil, some us peat, some just plain gravel). That way, you can choose to move them in the future.

remove them from the rock wool and plant into your substrate. If the plants are already root bound in the pot and wool then trim off about 1/3 of the root ball.

Or if you desire repot the plants into a larger container if you are container holding plants. Add peat and Aquatic potting soil with a 1 " top substrate of gravel.