Dilemma

tc51

Ok I am hoping someone has had this problem and can give me some ideas as to how I can work this out.

My carpet in the living room needs to be replaced only problem is that is were I have a 187 gal and 90 gal and 45 gal.

How the heck do I move these tanks I only have a couple of 33's empty.

I had heard that there are companies out there that will come in with plastic holding containers and remove the fish and move the tanks, then put it all back after the job, I haven't been able to locate one in Calgary yet, or even if this is a possibility.

Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated. Please help me make my wife happy, all you married guy's with more than one tank know what I am talking about, right Darcy.

We have to keep the little woman happy.

Thanks

Tom.

Edited by tc51

Not sure if you want to do this but if you buy a couple of those large rubbermaids you could potentially put them in those whil the carpet is getting laid.

They are big enough to put heaters in and pumps on.

I think if you have it planned to do just before they arrive you will only need to move the aquariums for the carpet.

Good Luck

Not sure if you want to do this but if you buy a couple of those large rubbermaids you could potentially put them in those whil the carpet is getting laid.

I had thought of doing it that way. If I could pick up a long plastic container that could hold water I could stick a couple of A.C 500's on it would only be one day.

Now were to find a container. :wacko::wacko:

Thanks for the advice man, I appreciate it.

Tom

When I moved my 90 gal discus tank, I used a couple of large garbage cans. Home depot sells some thick (3 mil) liners for them and I just dropped in a heater & an airstone, it went quick with a python. If you felt the water needs to be filtered, a PWC would probabally suffice.

Chris

Either way, I wouldn't leave the filters without a food source, or 02, for an entire day. If the filters are off for more than a couple of hrs, I would strongly recommend rinsing the media before you start them up again.

Okay, this would probably work for your 90, but I don't know about the big boy. I have removed the rock in the past, and as much of the water as possible. Slid the tank on the stand across the carpet to another room, and refilled like a huge water change. (we're talking mbuna here, so it didn't bother them too much - tangs might be another story). Then I refilled the tank, replaced the fish but NOT the rockwork, and turned on the filters. Same way to return the tank to its original spot. No rubbermaids needed, except to hold the fish while moving the tank.

Does anyone you know have any large 55 gallon (USA gals) drums with the tops cut out - you could borrow those. Those would do for a day or so especially with airstones running. The power filters can run on a pail with some tank water until you are ready to put the tanks back together.