Your Opinion

FishBrain

Ok here is the situation. I have a 150G setup that I am working on and was thinking of putting certain fish in. African_Fever mentioned they would prob prefer a longer tank, and it so happens I have a 100G, 5' long.

SO........Here is my list of fish. Who do you think should go in the 150G.

It's 48"x24"x30"

8-Electric Blue Hap.

2 pairs-Julie Transcriptus

10-Elec. Yellows

6-Clown Loaches

3-YOYO Loaches

3-Skunk Botia

8-Aulo. SP. Lwanda

2-Yellow Tail Acei

2-Sunshine Peacock

3-Lelupi

4-Rock Cribs

1 pair-Daffodil

10-Zebra Cribs

3-(1 Pair)Angels

2-9" Bala Sharks

4-Mpimbwe Fronts

4-Moorii

2-Green Terror

5-Zebra Danios

5-Ameca Splendens

5-Ruby Red Peacock

2-Bosemani Rainbows

Well, hows that for a list.

I am very interested to see what you come up with

Thx

Mathew

I'd put the moori, fronts, Bala's, Julies, daffodils, and leleupi in the 100 with a couple piles of small rocks (small enough for the julies and leleupi to have tons of crevices). Not too much in the way of rocks, at most three piles leaving plenty of open space. In all reality the fronts and moori would both appreciate a larger 6' tank much more with a couple more of each species as well. Put the rest of the Malawians in the new 150 with the botias and loaches. If you need to put the others in one of the tanks, possibly in the 100 and let the fronts 'take care' of them as they get larger (I don't see the angels, danios, and ameca really lasting too long in either tank). With all of those fish in two tanks, there are a ton that are imcompatible; this is just what I'd see as the 'most' compatible arrangement. JMO

Edited by African_Fever

My mom's boyfriend has my old group of fronts in a 48" - 110 gal with clown loaches and they are breeding like crazy . Personally I'd keep the tangs in the longer tank and the malawis in the other 150 but they may have some compatibility issues so keep an eye on them. Put the rest into your other tanks or sell off any you no longer want or aren't compatible. The GT's will require their own tank and the peacocks probably shouldn't be mixed together. You could have a nice community tank (75 gal) angels , loaches , botias , sharks, depending on the size compatibility and loaches can be a bit nippy. The smaller guys in another community tank. Eventually you are going to have to part with something or get more tank space . The other option is to put them all in one tank and keep those that survive. LOL.