Buy and Sell Rules Clarification

I was hoping a mod or admin could please clarify a rule in the Buy and Sell.

I recently participated in this thread:

http://albertaaquatica.com/index.php?showt...0entry2067441

Apparently some others felt the the comments made by myself and another member contravined the "don't hijack or sabotage" rule. I was hoping that someone could explain the concepts of hijack and sabotage in some detail because I don't understand.

I was interested in the item, I made a post 3 weeks ago in the same forum saying I needed a new motherboard to replace one that had failed. I just felt the price was too high and said so, had the seller replied with a lower price I would have grabbed it. Does this not consitute a resonable action?

What did I do wrong? I can see SEVERAL cases in other buy and sell topics where someone has replied in a similar fasion.

What is wrong with this situation is that it would be considered more polite to send the member a PM stating how you feel about the price, rather than publicly announcing that in your opinion the price is too low.

I can see SEVERAL cases in other buy and sell topics where someone has replied in a similar fasion.

Good, because so can we, and that is why we will be starting to take a much more proactive approach to these types of posts.

Simply put, unless you are stating to the seller that you are planning to purchase the item, or asking for more info, your own personal comments about the price that has been sent should be handled via PM's.

Thanks for understanding.

Dunl

Maybe it is just me but if I was to negotiate a price I would do so through a PM ,you know bargain in private. You may talk someone down in public and peak the interest of other people that may ultimately snatch that very thing away from you. I for one if I see someone lowballing someone else in public and I have a possible use for it, and who doesn't need something for our aquariums or computers, what have you. I will often out bid them if I felt what the seller was offering was a reasonable price to start with. If you low ball someone in private and they accept your offer you don't have to worry about someone reading the thread and spoiling your deal. It may not be your intention but with public speculation about what an item is worth, you may just turn it into an auction after all. JMO JMO