Betta Travel

FishBrain

West-Jet 's rules are along the lines of: fish in a solid-walled container, must fit in the carry on, cannot be opened during the flight, but must be able to be scanned, or veiwed (clear plastic sides are preferred).

Someone I know did the inverse trip last summer and I called to see for her... at first the WJ chickie said "no fish" at all but that rabbits were allowed. I rather strongly hinted at the general ridiculousness of that standard and she decided it would be prudent to speak to a manager... the rules were clarified ;)

Basically they cannot be bagged or opened while in flight.

Might cause the rabid rabbit in the next aisle to kick out a window :wacko:

OK I just called Westjet to be sure. They will let you bring your stinky dog, cat, bird, or rabbit. (I say stinky cause if they crap on the plane everyone will know) BUT NO quiet, crap in a bag so you cant smell it fish.

not even a little betta.

Anyone have a dog suit my fish can borrow??

-roll-

You mean this idea http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/20..._fishapron.html

Its kind of dumb you can't bring fish on in a sealed solid container. I can understand not being able to bring it in a bag due to it possibly leaking but in a bottle i dont' see why not. They let you bring water bottles on the flight, why not one containing a fish?

I remember posting the pick of the fish apron when she first got busted. I dont think my brother would be into wearing an apron any how

OHHHH but if he would I would post the picture everywhere. aaaahahahaha

Sports bottle is a good idea tho

My thoughts were double bag the fish then put it into a styrofoam container with a box that is a tight fit. We have some here at work and they are only as big as your phone give or take(not a cell). they are perfect for a little betta.