Was in calgary this weekend

Jennifer9821

And I went to the Petland in the north end. I couldn't believe it when I saw them selling some Hybrid peacocks for $30.00! Not only that but the fact that they called them some goofy name but below that name they put red shoulder x ? not sure what the name was I think the made up name was super red aulonocara what a joke. Poor people that are going to buy these that don't really know much about cichlids are going to think that they got a nice fish and probably going to contribute to the hybridizing (excuse my spelling) of these fish. :(

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe someone that worked for Golds would do that, Maybe that's why he doesn't work at Golds anymore lol. And Yes $30 for a hybred is expensive I don't care if the fish is stunning I still wouldn't even pay $15 what's the point you can breed it and make your money back just pointless IMO.

Jennifer

I recently found out that those crossbread fish were sold to petland by one of thier employee's....smae guy that use to work for Gold's......He should know better......I hope he's reading this.....

Not Sean is it?? I was wondering where that guy went. He is a good guy.

I hope Petland is reading this.

If petland is paying $10 a pop to sell them for $30 them then let them. One party is smart in this transaction. At least the guy is not selling them for anything else but hybrids. $10 says they end up in the mixed african tank listed as assorted peacocks going for $1.99 at christmas time. Along with the sunny convicts they have had there since the store was constructed.

:bang1:

• 4 weeks later...