Aquarium Movers

safety4fire

my 180 to lol cichlidkid stupid kid said a 180 gal wieghs 1000 pounds

Have full of water maybe.

You may have trouble getting a moving company to do it. Most want to crate the damn thing and charge you a fortune for it. If you call an aquarium maintenance company they will usually do moves for you for relatively inexpensive.

I ended up getting Jays moving to move my 7 foot by 30 inch by 24 inch tank. They brought two people, I ended up helping and having to call a friend. Tanks are just ackward is all.

My house is pretty easy to get awkward stuff into, I moved a couch from the living room to the basement by myself.

Think I can lift it easily with my wife? She's not a giant, but she's strong enough.

-Hideo

I moved a 180 with another guy about my size (> 250 pounds) and some suction cups once. It would have been okay if we didn't have stairs to do but with the house being a split level it was a complete b*tch.

Don't plan on moving it with your wife.

My house is pretty easy to get awkward stuff into, I moved a couch from the living room to the basement by myself.

Think I can lift it easily with my wife? She's not a giant, but she's strong enough.

-Hideo

my 180 to lol cichlidkid stupid kid said a 180 gal wieghs 1000 pounds

A 180 has approx. 1584lbs of water in it and about 400lbs of glass depending on the thickness.

I moved my new tank (approx 400lbs) with me on one end (I'm a big guy) and 3 little Asian friends of mine on the other end. It was a gong show. We used a dolly which realy helped but we had to take it off to go around a corner in the stairs, from then on 2 of the guys lifted the top over the lip on the stairs and I heaved it up one stair at a time sliding it on its side. Never do I want to do that again. When I move the tank in the future I will get 3 other BIG guys to help me. Doing a move like that with little people or women is a bad idea.

I should note that suction cups are a good idea and that 2 big guys can move a big tank if there are no stairs involved.