After Ich

seajays

I would think that if you keep up with salt and heat for the recomended time anyways it should all clear up. Either that or start from scratch. With no fish in there you could also use some of the Ich products that seem to usually harm fish.

You could raise the temp to 95 degrees, the ich will die. I personally would also add tons of salt, but I am super super paranoid. Keep it there for 3 days or so.

-Hideo

How long after fish get Ich and left untreated would it take for them to die? I have a problem in this new tank and don't know if it is toxic from the Styrofoam or the fish died from Ich. I am trying to see if I should start over and make a new background. I made the same background for my 125 with no problem. The only difference is the Styrofoam that was packing around a big stainless tool box that came from China. Here is the tank.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a211/seajays2/IMG_0022.jpg

How long after fish get Ich and left untreated would it take for them to die? I have a problem in this new tank and don't know if it is toxic from the Styrofoam or the fish died from Ich. I am trying to see if I should start over and make a new background. I made the same background for my 125 with no problem. The only difference is the Styrofoam that was packing around a big stainless tool box that came from China. Here is the tank.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a211/seajays2/IMG_0022.jpg

Maybe there is a vein of some kind of metal or mineral in one of those rocks?

-Hideo