150-60ish tank

scrubby

its got a sump on it, i no nothing about these. havent done alot of home work on it. are they simple systems? what do you look for? he said it had a chip in the glass it had beeen siliconed and it doesnt leak. awesome price just not sure looking for some feed back going to look at it tonight its HUGE should i wait till im more experienced.. ive had a 55g 6month no fish loss does a tank this size need to go in the basement or will it be fine on the main floor

Edited by scrubby

I have several tanks with chips in them but it really depends on the chip and how deep it goes where it is on the tank.

Just keep this in mind 1 gallon of water weighs 10 lbs

so 150 g tank will weight 1500 lbs thats just water dont forget about gravel ornaments canopy stand so i would say closer to 2000 lbs i would put it in the basement unless you want to brace up your floor with beams .

If you can take a pic of the chip and let us have a look at it.

Might even be worth getting the tank and replacing the glass and getting the old piece cut down past the chip and selling it or build another tank out of ply wood and using the glass that you just got cut for the front then you would have two nice big tanks .

If i had that chance i would buy it

What is he asking for it and what come with the tank?

James

If you're in a house that's less than 30 ish years old, 2000 lbs is ok to be on a main floor without having to add extra beams. Just make sure the tank is perpendicular to the floor joists. That way the weight load is shared by more floor joists than if it was parrallel.

I have mine in the basement

If there is a chip in it I would definately put it in the basement

That has now become the weakest point in it, depending on where it is and how it looks

...but im just a paranoid little bugger when it comes to these things (been bitten more than once)

get a picture when you look at it

I have mine in the basement

If there is a chip in it I would definately put it in the basement

That has now become the weakest point in it, depending on where it is and how it looks

...but im just a paranoid little bugger when it comes to these things (been bitten more than once)

get a picture when you look at it

paranoid.... he says he had it full for 6month.. as for sump and bio balls are they low maintanece... and yes im very paranoid someone said get the chip cut out good idea how much for that ...itsa freaking huge tank for me ...little bigger than my 50g 5small cichlids and 1 catfish 1shark should be pretty happy then very aggressive fish

Well, actually the bigger the tank the better for a begginer. The more water is in the tank, the more nitrites, nitrates and ammonia are dispersed.

But, there's also more filtration needed.

If it comes with a sump, though, you probably have the ideal tank.

-Hideo