White Metriaclima estherae

HOSStile

I aquired the mother from a former member who aquired the fish a week earlier. He gave it to me free, I think he wanted it gone. Anyway I have her in the 90 gal. office tank and here is her picture.

So one day I notice this white baby in the tank. The mom must of bred with my normal colored male. It seems that this was the only one that wasn't eaten, because I have no way of getting carrying mothers out of the tank without tearing it down. I have a wonderful collection of different juveys in the tank so they must have a good hiding place in there. Anyway here is a picture of the baby, I shouldn't call it baby because it is an inch and a half. I would like everyone's thought on this fish. Oh and I have not altered the original picture other than cropping.

whitezebra.jpg Baby Top Picture

Mom Below

Edited by HOSStile

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/species.php?id=1729

I would agree with Darcy...

If you go through the pictures on the profile above you'll notice a male that is almost white.

How bis is the littly guy?

The color could be due to not getting a balance diet as the baby was probably eating anything just to stay alive...

nev

Edited by nevchewy

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/species.php?id=1729

I would agree with Darcy...

If you go through the pictures on the profile above you'll notice a male that is almost white.

How bis is the littly guy?

The color could be due to not getting a balance diet as the baby was probably eating anything just to stay alive...

nev

He is between 1.5 and 2 inches. He always got lots to eat because the little guys would sit under this rock and I would let NLS growth drift under the rock. It's funny the articles refer to males being a light color, not females. I do agree with Dunl, as I said I never saw a white female.