Red sea flora dose

Vallisneria

I've never tried the Red Sea brand. Their test kits have been less than reliable for me in the past, so I have tended to stay away from the brand. I've heard good things about some of their products, but when there's a brand I trust right beside it, Seachem wins for me.

I would usually agree with that but when this perticular fert is half the price of Flourish tabs, I'll consider switching.

I can't find much info(ingredients) about this fert though, so i'm wondering whats in it.

Val, there is also a difference in dosing to be considered. 10 Flourish tabs treat 30 gallon tank twice, where with Flora Dose you have to use twice as much. As far as ingredients go, I'm not sure, but I would assume they are very similar.

You can also achieve a similar effect by injecting a TE solution deep into the substrate, providing your substrate has high CEC. You can use a syringe with a long needle, the ones for medicating animals (@ United Farmers of Alberta, $2). You can use the same technique for injecting macros, for heavy rooters.

Val, there is also a difference in dosing to be considered. 10 Flourish tabs treat 30 gallon tank twice, where with Flora Dose you have to use twice as much

Thanks, I was a bit confused to the difference in dosing since the flourish tabs state their dosing in substrate area("Each pack of ten tablets treats a 12 X 30 inch plant bed twice") and the red sea flora dose states it in water volume("Use 1 tablet for each 12 liters / 3 gal of water").

Unfortunately in my large planted tank i just have gravel for a substrate so i dont' think injecting will work as well. I will try it in my smaller tank with flourite next time.