50w heater

johnsmith

I would go with Dwayne (punman), I thought as you did Mighty Prawn to go with the math and up the wattage. I have a 90 with 2 200 watt heaters and they are really hardly working. I have also seen what happens when a heater runs away (stays on) I put a 200 watt defective heater in 5 gal. of water and it literally brought the water to a boil, I had it in a 25 gal and it was a good thing I check my tanks because the the thermometer was off the scale. There is nothing wrong with redundant heating units in your tank as long as one of them staying on won't turn your tank of fish into fish soup. So unless you live in an igloo I would heed what people are telling you about "real life tanks and heating them." If you want to buy four heaters when 2 + 1 on the shelf in case one fails would do the job, then in the end it's whatever floats your boat. But NOONE is trying to mislead you, they are simply giving you more real world knowledge so that you will make an informed decision. Besides trying to adjust 4 heaters would drive you nuts. :rolleyes:

Edited by HOSStile