New 55 Gallon tank (pic)

Molino

Ok I finally got the LR put in and I like the layout. What do you guys think?

Right now the LR is free standing. Is there any advantage to having it rest against the back glass? Perhaps then the piles could be slanted backwards and the bottom pieces could get a little more light so that more stuff could be grown on them...

Anyways, here it is:

IMG_3142-SW-20060312-650w.jpg

Cheers!

Nelson

IF you are gonna have lots of corals, perhaps make sure there are a lot of flat spaces, or little holes to play certain corals in... I didn't plan out one of the sides in my 90 well... and now that its getting established I can't change the rocks... Going to add rock instead to make room for more corals.. but yeah, just make sure you have the places you want.

Thanks everyone, I think I'll leave it as is, at least for the time being. There are lots of holes for fish to swim through and smaller holes and cracks to place corals into.

After I posted this yesterday I was looking at the Live Rock more closely and saw a tiny crab, not even half an inch wide. I have not seen him again yet, but since he is so small he could hide anywhere in the tank.

I'm very excited to be starting this tank, my first SW :D