Kudos Big Al's Edmonton :)

Krystle

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok this is extremely weird guys!

Samuel died! Samuel was the big black ryukin (named after Samuel L. Jackson, because yes, he really is just THAT black LOL :P) and I just woke up and found him on his side :(

I have no idea what the heck happened! The fish were in a 20 gallon quarantine tub, never used for anything but, water quality perfect, infact they just got a water change yesterday with same temperature, PRIME treated water. The fish was active and eating NLS thera-A yesterday night???

All it's fins were erect, even now it's color is perfect, no external symptoms whatsoever, so blood streaks and I never once saw it gasp or bottom sit???

It's eyes aren't even clouded and the fish isn't stiff so I guess it didn't pass very long ago. I just bought them on the 24, so atleast it's within the 5 day guarantee :( I really loved him tho, too bad :'(

Gee I thought this only happened when I bought fish there.....I do get them to tests their tank before I buy from it so I know how much to acclamate, and for when I bring back the body and a water sample they see my water is better than theirs and if they tried to argue it get them to test theirs again. Usually I will deal with the fish manager so I get full replacement not 1/2 replacement :D

Oh and congrates on the newest surprise

Gee I thought this only happened when I bought fish there.....I do get them to tests their tank before I buy from it so I know how much to acclamate, and for when I bring back the body and a water sample they see my water is better than theirs and if they tried to argue it get them to test theirs again. Usually I will deal with the fish manager so I get full replacement not 1/2 replacement biggrin.gif

Oh and congrates on the newest surprise

they give full replacement if it's within 5 days tho, right? O.O I'll have 5 heart attacks right now if I'm out half my money on a fish that died within 3 days of purchase through no fault of my own!

they give full replacement if it's within 5 days tho, right? O.O I'll have 5 heart attacks right now if I'm out half my money on a fish that died within 3 days of purchase through no fault of my own!

I believe BA's policy is a 50% refund of the purchase price if the fish dies within 5 days.

Thats why i dont' like buying expensive fish there. If they die you are out a lot of money.

I believe BA's policy is a 50% refund of the purchase price if the fish dies within 5 days.

Thats why i dont' like buying expensive fish there. If they die you are out a lot of money.

OMG. no way, that's not going to happen. I'll being in the fish, a water sample, whatever they need to see. I'll speak to the manager, I won't leave until I'm walking out with an equal value female ryukin. That's absurd! Michael Pham seems like a reasonable guy, I'm sure he'll be willing to give me an exchange.

*edit* ok, I called and spoke to Michael really quickly, he said to come in tomorrow since he's not in today. He is a really nice guy so I'm sure everything will work out :) Plus he said he's still got some of the 79.99 ryukins so I'm hoping there will be one that catches my eye.

Edited by Guppylove1985

edit* ok, I called and spoke to Michael really quickly, he said to come in tomorrow since he's not in today. He is a really nice guy so I'm sure everything will work out Plus he said he's still got some of the 79.99 ryukins so I'm hoping there will be one that catches my eye.

Good Luck :D

.....and get them to test their water before you take it

Edited by Murminator

Well that went really really well o.O I was expecting a little more of a hassle, but there really was none lol. I came in spoke to David (the assistant fish manager since Michael had already left), and he me about my water quality. I told him it was pristine, and rattled off some numbers, he bagged me a new fish, did a straight exchange, and I decided to get another new one as well, which he gave me 20% off as well :)

another excellent experience, these guys have really improved :D

I got another black ryukin, and a matte red and white ryukin, named Wonton and Biscuit :heart:

Well that went really really well o.O I was expecting a little more of a hassle, but there really was none lol. I came in spoke to David (the assistant fish manager since Michael had already left), and he me about my water quality. I told him it was pristine, and rattled off some numbers, he bagged me a new fish, did a straight exchange, and I decided to get another new one as well, which he gave me 20% off as well :)

another excellent experience, these guys have really improved :D

I got another black ryukin, and a matte red and white ryukin, named Wonton and Biscuit :heart:

Yeah, I have found Michael to be really good, if he's not there David is great too. After someone sold me a shovelnose cat, 4' variety as a 2' one, Michael gave me credit for the full amount right away, he just aksed that I come in when he was around. He even discounted a frontosa by 25% for me. True there prices are very high, but if you decide to buy a fish and something out of your control happens Michael is always more than helpful. Haven't had the same experience with Thorsten/Damon though. Depends on the day with those guys, I've heard Damon lecture about how someones nitrate levels were the problem (they were very very low, 5) and the Big Al's tanks were at 80!!! ????????

Hope the new fish work out well for you. Good luck.

One way to offset their prices a bit is to become an ACE member - 10% off dry goods, 15% off livestock.