"EDIT" option

It is just to make sure people don't post crap then delete it before a mod can see it.

Jay - with all due respect, that's a fairly lame azz excuse for removing the edit option for us 'regular' members. As a former moderator on the largest cichlid site on the net (with over 17,000 members), I can assure you the only people you are punishing is the members of this site who don't post crap. The reality is that quite often having an edit option allows someone to remove their own crap, once they stop & read their comment. (that was posted in the heat of the moment)

This isn't grade school, and if the odd twerp posts a few flames, BIG deal, there's mods on here damn near all day (and night) and I'm sure the comment can be removed, and a PM sent to the violator with out the rest of this sites membership being punished.

Seriously guys, rethink this one.

BTW - the fact that this topic was raised by Rahim on Sept 22nd, and not a single moderator on this site appeared to know why this was happening, and not a single person from admin was forthcoming with a reason, until Oct 8th, is rather telling.

:ml: Edited to say ........... Thanks for bringing the edit feature back. :ml:

Edited by RD.

Very well put Neil....

I use the "EDIT" option to go back and change items as they sell or even to fix spelling mistakes and correct grammer.

It is very annoying to see a stupid mistake over and over and not be able to do anything about it.

I am a member of several other forums which all have the "EDIT" option enabled for it's members.

I vote for turning the EDIT option back on for all it's members.

I say we do a poll on this one.......