Hi

Yasper

Well, like the subject implies... Hi

Found this forum linked from Gold's site. Thought a local board was a pretty cool idea, so here I am. Browsing through some of the threads, I recognise some names from cichlid-forums.com.

Anyhooo, I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but figured I'd say hi (see above)

I'm pretty much a cichlid n00b. How I got into it was really due to the house we bought a year and a half ago came with a 120 gal tank built into one of the walls in the living room. We thought that was pretty cool, and it was one of the deciding factors in buying this house.

So it sat empty for a year what with other stuff going on and all, but finally decided to get it going this summer. Cleaning it up was a bugger (access to it sucks), and the old fluval they had was no good... but on the other hand, they had hot/cold water plumbed right to it, and it's behind a wet bar so a sink for draining/vacuuming/water changes makes it all very handy. Bought a wack of "rundle rock" from burnco, and sand from home depot and away we went.

After much reading of cichlid boards, I guess I shoulda paid more attention to cycling the tank, but hey.. n00b. Did go as far as getting some filtre gunk from an lfs (Tanks a Lot under the Paws Pet Food on Elbow and Heritage) and letting that establish it somewhat before adding fish. We did add fish slowly as well, and no casualties so I guess it was ok.

As it happens, earlier this week I threw together a little page to show some friends our fish. Now that I found this forum, seems the Hi Post is as good as any to put the link... maybe the mods will spank me for not linking it in the pictures forum!

Fishie Pics by Yasper

Am I gonna get in trouble for having this guy in there?

fish05.jpg

Welcome to A.A. _ Yasper.

Nice :thumbs: _ purchase a 120 g.unit and a house comes with it. lol.... :smilebig:

Nce setup, you have there. Just wondering though [??] - the fellow in the center of the pic....talk about a :grr: mug ....lol....

Hang around for a while, and you fit in with the rest of us cichlid ""n00b"" fanatic's. :smilebig: :smilebig: :smilebig: [ no offense to other members/ ok :D ]

Smokey

gota love them smiliey icon's.

post-1-1097306739