Pix of my P. Taiwan Reef and C. Borleyi

sun

Guess I'd share these two big boys. they are now about 4" and owners of my 135g.

Sorry for the low quality pictures, I really tried. any comment and critique welcomed :bow:

Protomelas Taiwan Reef:

TaiwanReef.jpg

Copadichromis Borleyi:

504a6628.jpg

Thank you all for the nice words. :lol:

finaddict: no flash for both pictures, tank light only. I guess that explains why my pictures all look blurry. The fishes look better in person, but I just dont know how to get decent pix. :wacko:

Thanks guys! he really is a nice looking fella :D

I got them Oct 15th of last year, they were only about 2.5". Unfortunately the lfs didn't have much species info for them other than C. Borleyi. But after some hard diggings I think that they are most likely from Crocodile Rock.(Page 133, Malawi Cichlids in their nature habitat, 3rd Edition, Ad Konings). Anyway, the male borleyi does have some very intensive red on the body and even the tail, they are all health and active and a female even hold once for couple days before spitting out during feeding time. :cry:

Hey Nev, I tried but the saulosi are so darn quick and no pix came out yet. Maybe I should try the "tripod" idea this time (thanks Finaddict), or just leave the flash on. BTW the camera is a Canon G2 and i was using manual speed and exposure, anyone with experience pls help on the set up, thanks in advance.